It is important to have men involved in their communities. Traditionally men are seen as providers and focus on paid opportunities, but there are great benefits to performing community service. A few benefits include:
• Community Service Helps Connect to the Community
• It Benefits Your Career Prospects
• Community Service Raises Social Awareness
• Community Service Establishes Contacts and Friendships
• Community Service Helps Improve Your Skills
There are different options for performing community service whether you have the time weekly, monthly, or in certain seasons:
• Volunteer at your local library
• Volunteer to chaperone a field trip
• Volunteer with a local nonprofit
• Volunteer at an animal shelter
• Volunteer at a community center
• Volunteer as a lifeguard
• Volunteer to be a crossing guard
• Volunteer to do social media for a local organization
And sometimes, just sometimes, you have fun completing community service projects. It is a great way to meet new people if you are new to an area or trying to break out of a rut. If you are single, there are tons of single people volunteering in their free time.
NEXT STEPS: Consider your schedule and personal interests. How would you like to get involved today?
And sometimes, just sometimes, you have fun completing community service projects.