The dictionary definition of gratitude states: “the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.” Simply put, whether you are having a good day or bad day, you find a few things to appreciate in your life.
You can be thankful that you woke up in good health when others may be struggling. You can be thankful for having food in the refrigerator when others do without. You can be grateful for having access to family through technology when others live in a drop zone.
There are several ways to express gratitude in life:
- Volunteer in your community. Choose your passion and get involved!
- Random acts of kindness. Help someone lost with directions. Donate unwanted clothes to charity.
- Be respectful. Maintain standards of etiquette in your day-to-day interactions with strangers.
- Tip your server. Give the effort to make your experience a positive one, service-industry employees are often unsung heroes.
- Write, write, write! Write a thank you note for a gift. Send an email/letter telling a loved one how much they mean to you. Create the habit of journaling three things you are thankful for each day.
The month has changed. The time has changed. We are starting to wrap up 2020. Use an attitude of gratitude to end the year on a high note!
NEXT STEPS: Subscribe to this blog. Share the information with family and friends.
Buy Us a Coffee
Support Indigo Stone with maintaining content that is free and relevant for whoever needs it.